Do I pop the little white heads on leg after an anthill attack?

Daughter stepped on an anthill two days ago, now has the little pustules, been cleansing, soothing, treating, etc. Do I pop them to relieve pressure?

anubis

Asked by anubis at 2:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• NO. At least that is what we are told. We have those stinking little red ants that burn when they bite and leave blisters. We are told not to because it opens it up to infection. BUT, I usually scratch them off when they start itching. But, I think the official stance is no.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• They are called FIRE ANTS and they hgurt I agree we were told not to either my hubby knelt down in the grass to pet a dog and wow got bit real bad, just keep doing what you are and they will go away with time...I agree it may cause infection...Good Luck
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No. It can cause an infection. It needs to heal on it's own. I always did though. And those took so much longer to heal and I'd have to put ointment on it to help keep the infection out. But I did it almost anytime I noticed one. Just couldn't resist the urge to pop it! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009