Does anyone know anything about YMCA memberships & classes?

I wanted to sign up for the mommy & me swim classes for my 2 year old and I was wondering if you have to be a member to take the classes & if not, are the classes more expensive without a membership? I went to the Y website but only came up with a membership price of $120 which is pretty high for me wanting to take just the swimming class. Any information would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Here is a web site, you can type in your zip code and it will take you to your state and will have the info you need, hope it helps http://www.ymca.net/

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The cost of classes will be higher for non-members

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i LOVE my Y membership. $54 bucks a month includes 90 minutes of childcare per day, except sundays.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• and yes, there is an intial sign up fee, too, but lessons are less that way, and many of the classes are free.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I paid $51 for 6 weeks of mommy & me lessons, on top of our monthly membership fee. Definitely a good investment. They teach you how to work with your child in the water. I'm a lot less nervous getting into the pool with my son than I used to be.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 4:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009