baby girl name question?

okay so my husband is a HUGE Scarlett Johansson fan, and since we just found out we are having a daughter he wants to name her Scarlett Joanne... honestly I don't HATE it, I'm just not sold on the name Scarlett... I mean I have no problem that she's his celeb crush, I think that if she is going to be named after someone might as well be someone as beautiful as Scarlett Johansson, but how do you feel about the name Scarlett?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There was the CUTEST little Vietnamese girl in my DD's daycare many years ago named Scarlet, and the name fit her so well. She was adorable!

IDK, the name just reminds me of the color red. That's about it.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I personally am not too fond of it, reminds me of scarlet fever...hmm
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• thanks princess, it's not my favorite name either! i think we're going to have to think up new names ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think Scarlett is a beautiful name. But picking out your childs name should be something you both are very happy and agreed upon. Remember YOU are going to love your child regardless of the name. And most names can have something negative put on them.
    Kymbolee

Answer by Kymbolee at 2:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I love that name
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It's not a bad name, it's just odd that your husband wants to name your daughter after a woman he *ahem* fantasizes about.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• the more i think about it the more i love it, just scarlett reminds me of 'scar' thats what i dont like... but if i dont give it that connotation i actually think it's cute
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It reminds me too much of "Gone With the WInd"....

I think Scarlett would make a beautiful middle name, but not a good first name.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree with choosing a name you are both fond of. However, in a "not-so-perfect" baby naming, this could be tricky. lol. My husband and I have a wonderful way of naming our kiddos... one of us picks their first name, the other picks their middle. When I say one of us picks their first, I mean me. :) I guess I feel I am intitled to since I carried this little bundle for 40 weeks. I like the name Scarlett, it's different. My girls' names are Trinity Paige, Cadence Sky, Trista Naomi, and Athena Belle. I hope this helps.
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 4:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009