Need bible verses. Or songs anything really..

I am leaving my husband because he is abusive. I need verses to read or songs to listen to, to keep my strength and spirits up. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe try reading pslams from the Bible. But if you need strenght pray and tell God how you feel and ask him for strenght and he will answer, God Bless
    I really hope you feel better
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Here's a few to get you started:
    Jeremiah 29:11-14, Matthew 6:25-34, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 146
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Psalms.....always good.
    i will pray for you also.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 3:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Are you looking for scripture to help you have the strength to leave him - btw, God does NOT want his children hurt by an abusive spouse!)

If so - Colossians 3:19 And you husbands must love your wives and never treat them harshly.

Ephesians 5:25 And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her.

1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. If you don't treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• cont

Over and over in the bible, God mandates that man should love and cherish his wife, and treat her with gentleness and respect. If your husband is abusing you, then he is NOT doing what God has commanded, and he has NOT honored his wedding vows that he made to you and to God. HE (your husband) has been the one to break your contract, and YOU need to get away and be safe!

God will be with you, and he WILL see you through this, you just need to be strong and have faith, God will help you with the difficulties ahead. Just please, put "feet to your prayers" by having someone there when you leave to help keep you safe, and go somewhere that he can't get to you easily! Also, PLEASE, document the abuse with the police!

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• cont
    2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Hebrews 13:5,6 For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." That is why we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

Also, here is a link that makes some very good points about how, when you look at the roots of the words used, when it says that what we use the word adultery for as the reason for divorce, that's actually not true - what the original words are more literally translated as, it means if they tear the marriage asunder, that is grounds for divorce - in those days, adultery, abandonment, and abuse falling under tearing asunder.

http://dannimoss.wordpress.com/articles/abuse-in-the-christian-home/the-biblical-grounds-for-divorce/

I was abused as a kid, you're doing the right thing! You're in my prayers!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm adding you to my prayer list.

Psalm 34:18,Isaiah 26:3, Lamentations 3:24,Psalm 46, Matthew 6:25-34, Phillipians 4:6,7,8, 13; 1 Peter 5:7
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree that Psalms is the best place. To bring you peace on mind, Read Psalm 23...

Song: Old Church Hymn: "Only trust Him, Only trust him, HE will save you now, HE will save you, HE will save you now."

Old Hymn: "At the cross ! At the cross ! Where I first saw the light and ",,,,(good ness, my mind has gond completely blank on the last part of that)....maybe it's : " my troubles and my tears were washed away. It was there by faith I received my sight, and now I appy all the day."

And, sometimes, when I'm going through a tough time, I repeat over and over to myself: The Lord is my strength and my shelter....He will protect me.
    Hope some of this helps. God Bless and I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time now. Prayers are with you.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I can't help you with verses but here are a couple of good songs. 

Tears from the Moon by Conjure One and White Flag by Dido.  Both are on my playlist on my profile if you want to listen to them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Here are the lyrics for Tears from the Moon (Sinead O'connor sings the vocals(.

Couldn't sleep so I went out walking
    Thinking about you and hearing us talking
    And all the things I should have said
    Echo now, inside my head

It just ain't fair, this thing called loving
    When ones still there and the other feels nothing
    I would have done anything for you
    I still love you, baby I adore you

I

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009