burping?

around what month can you stop having to burp your baby? were at the point now where we dont have to burp her every 2 ounces (you can try and try, but she wont burp)..she can drink the whole bottle and then burp without throwing it all back up. and sometimes she wont even burp then, she will burp a lil while later on her own...i sit there for like 20 mins sometimes and nothing..so when can you stop doing it for them?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never burped my baby every couple of oz unless I thought he needed to be burped, but we stopped burping at like 3-4 months, I think it all depends on your baby
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Go with the baby's cues. When they aren't fussy after eating anymore is usually a good sign. I think like the pp it was about 3 or 4 months old. I don't remember exactly, it has been so long.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son will be 6 months soon and i still burp him
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My daughter wouldn't burp so I stopped trying. She was fine. She burps on her own most of the time while we are walking or playing. She's 4 months. I haven't burped her since she was a couple weeks old.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• When they can sit up without support is when gravity takes over and burping comes to them without help from mom.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009