Mother in law friends with a 18 year old.

I am wondering if me and my husband and his brother are the only ones who think this is weird. But my mother in law who is 48 says she is best friends with a 18 year old girl. They started hanging out when she was 17 and we have been trying to tell her how weird it is, but she obviously wont listen. We are thinking she may be going through a midlife crisis, cause they constantly hang out and she was with her until way past midnight the other night. Does anyone else think this is odd and why do you think she is doing it?

Shalyn_y

Asked by Shalyn_y at 3:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Not much you can do! My mom is 45 and has friends in there early 20s. They don't mind hanging out late or going to clubs I am like whatever with that! The only ones who suffers is my lil sisters!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Maybe she is trying to be like a second mom to her??? Maybe the 18year old looks up to her or never had a mom figure in her life.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It could be that she makes her feel young, I woudn't hassel her too much about it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• And what business is that of your?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My friend's 55 year old mom has become my best friend, and I'm 23. We've become very close the past few years, and with my pregnancy she was someone I could talk to who knew what I was going through (I'm adopted, my mom has never been pregnant before so she has MANY preconceived notions about how it is, lol). We hang out and just talk for hours at a time; I don't think it's weird. But for her to be hanging out with an 18 year old...I mean, at least I'm 23, I have a husband and a kid, etc...
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009