help DD has been really fussy lately

she is now 11 weeks and she has a tooth coming out already, i can see a white line on her gums, i have put some orajel, but she still cries and cries all day, she wants me to be holding her or breastfeeding her, sometimes when we are sleeping she wakes up screaming and it freaks me out, and also she is bfeeding and eats only 1 or 2 oz of formula when she used to eat 4 i dont know whats wrong with her :( , and also i always burp her, and besides she is always farting gas out so i doubt she has colic?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething is hard on little ones, and yes, it can inhibit their desire to eat, which is why they eat more frequently. Hang in there. Cold things are great. Take a cloth and get it damp and place it in the freezer, then after it gets really cold, frozen, go ahead and let her suck on it. Poor baby, teething can also cause stomach upset because they are drooling more.

My son also teethed VERY early, at about 3 months, so around the same age as yours, it was rough. Not to scare you but he started at about 3 months and didn't stop til he had a full mouth of teeth including 2 yr. molars by his first birthday. So, they do get used to it and you will learn the tricks, just hang in there.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Give her some tylenol, my son is teething right now to. What else I found that works GREAT is the little brushes for babies that you put on your finger, I rub my babies gums with that and he loves it he stops fussing for a while, just rub his gums really light all over. You can buy them all walmart were the oragel and toothpaste is, you should try it, helps a lot
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• are yoiu sure she doesn't have thrush?
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009