Have any of you homeschooled your kids while working and can you tell me how you did it?? :)

I am a single mom of 4 kids and have homeschooled in the past, but due to circumstances have to work and put my kids in public school last year. They did well, but I believe the Lord is laying on my heart to bring them home again and I am just stressed thinking of how to do this while working. I have a very flexible employer tho and I'm trying to think how I can do this. I have given it to the Lord. Thank you for any help.

melanie102971

Asked by melanie102971 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in

• Just send them to school. They will be happier. You can supplement at home on the weekends. If you can't provide for your family first you will add a lot of burden to your own shoulders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We are HSing but are fortunate enough where I can stay home all day while husband goes to work. I did read, however, of one woman (could have been in a HS group here, but possibly somewhere else on the web since I've been doing massive research since we decided to do it) who had her kids in daycare. She would have work prepared for her child to do that day and then teach and go over stuff at night after dinner I believe. This may be a possibility if they are older.

You could also consider HSing via computer. I think K12 is free, and since it is online, they can do it while you are working and you can answer stuff at night and make sure they are following what they're supposed to (assuming that's how it works, I haven't researched K12 too much because I wanted to teach stuff myself.)

If you feel that it's what God wants, then I'm sure he'll find a way to make it happen. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009