dating a my kids dad friend?

Ok so here goes, Me and my kids dad have alot of friends we both talk to even though we are no longer together, and i had just broken up with someone and our friend was there for me and then had told me that he had liked me for a while even before me and my kids dad had broken up. Now i just statred to like him but we are affrid to tell my kids dad that we are dating. Now my question is it ok for us to date even though he is my kids dad friend as well? And if he found out does he have a right to be mad?

shortey26

Asked by shortey26 at 4:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• First off, that was the biggest run-on sentence I've seen in a long time.
    Second, what right does your kid's dad have to say who you can date?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I say do what you want but I think some guys take advantage of situations so keep your eyes open.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 4:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think guys do take advantage of situations and yes i have my eyes wide open. thats why we are only dating not in a relationship just yet. thanks for your input.
    shortey26

Answer by shortey26 at 4:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Do what makes you happy. you guys are broken up so what say does he have
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• First, you can date who you want. Second, as far as if your ex has the right to get mad, honestly, "right" or not isn't going to affect his feelings on it. But I can say, imo, if you have recently broken up with your ex / child's father, then I think you should hold off, at least for awhile, on dating the friend - it would be the classy thing to do, and would show respect for your previous relationship (by both of you), and would also show respect for the friendship between the two guys.

HOWEVER - if you all have been broken up for awhile (like, over a year), then I would say, no problem - go for it. My sister was married, she got divorced. Her ex remarried and divorced again. My sister was with a guy for awhile. Her ex got married again (wife 3). My sister broke up with her bf. At this point, they have been divorced for like 10 yrs. She ran into an old friend who is friends with her ex

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• cont

when she ran into the old friend, she found out he wasn't married anymore, either (well, actually, he was, but they had been legally sep. for years and she was living with another man / having that man's baby, and they were waiting for the divorce to be final). They started talking and hanging out, and, fast forward about 6 months later, my sister and the friend were married. Both ex's were furious over it, but it had been over 10 yrs for my sister and about 3 or 4 since he and his ex had lived together, so...

That was about 2 yrs ago, and her and her new dh are very happy, and their ex's have gotten over it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Do whatever is best for your children

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Go for it. But realize that children are far more observant of what goes on than people give them credit for.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think you might do well to stop dating altogether for a pretty good while. Instead, concentrate on your children and on making them feel secure and confident. If you are constantly going in and out of relationships with men, there is no way you can be giving them the attention that they need. Their well-being needs to be of a higher priority right now than your having a boyfriend. I think you know that or you wouldn't be worried about telling them about the latest one.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'd think a little more about this. What kind of guy would date his friend's ex girlfriend. How would you feel about a girlfriend who dated your ex. No, your ex doesn't have a right to tell you how to date, but dating his friend says something about you.....and the friend. It also puts all of your friends in an awkward position. Personally, I would never date one of my ex's friends, nor would I date a friend's ex.........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009