Its 2am.. She just keeps laughing.. Im getting alittle freaked out...

Our 13 month old has never slept a full night in her entire life. To this day she still wakes up roughly 3 times a night. Screaming, crying, squirming, fighting, the usual stuff.

But tonight.. tonight she is laughing. She's laughing like someone is tickling her crazily. Out of nowhere, she just starts laughing. I went in the room (2am, its pitch black) to see if Daddy was playing with her (I dont know why he would be O,o) and he was asleep. The baby was face down in her crib, giggling her little butt off. I turned on a small light and Daddy got up to see what she was doing. She stood up and just kept laughing, the biggest grin on her face. After about 10 minutes she stopped and sat down to play with a toy that was in her crib.

So... um.. What the hell was that?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 5:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She may have already developed and imaginary friend, and was playing with her/him
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thats kindof scary too. When my little sister was 2 1/2 she told me something about "The man downstairs". We were home alone! I asked "What man?" and she looked at me like I was stupid and said "The man! He's downstairs." Being only 15 I took her and left the house until mom got home.

This sounds completely idiotic, I know. But... could someone really have been playing with her?
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• lol...im a lil creeped out too...but at least she's not crying...im totally imagining it and im getting freaked out...lol
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ALSO! She just cried and I can see that threw up clear stuff. Its in her hair and all over her shirt. Im trying to get ahold of the doctor but no one is picking up. This is the strangest thing I have experienced with her.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well i know my house that i live in has friendly ghost, and my son plays with them, as did my brother when he was growing up. (the house i live in now used to be my grandparents house). Its nothing to freak out about, little kids since they are still so innocent see ghosts, angels (don't know if your religous)and spirts. We usually call them imaginary friends because we don't see them. Unless your DD is afraid to go into a room and will scream if taken into that room, its probably friendly.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• throwing up clear stuff could be mucus, draining into her stomache from crying. Check her temp and if its normal, then her throwing up is probably not a big deal. If she's had a runny nose, or getting a tooth in she may have excess mucus and it probably upset her tummy expecially if she hadn't eaten recently.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Sometimes my daughter would do that in her car seat. She's just start laughing then go 'tickle tickle". HOnestly, I think she was just remember something that happened earlier in the day. Maybe she had a funny dream and keep thinking about it. At this age, it doesn't take much to get them giggling!

Is she teething? The 'throw up' could just be spit up/drool. If she's been laughing htat hard, she could make herself thorugh up too. Same with crying to hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009