breastfeeding with Mirena, will THAT effect my period? and how hard is it to find the threads? -.-

so i've had Mirena in for...4 days. thought of this question after the fact of course. i didn't get my period for a year and a half (or a little more,i can't remember now) when i was breastfeeding my daughter, so i figured i wouldn't get it for a while with my son, will mirena make any difference, or will i probably still not get it?
also, is it difficult to find the threads? like i know it shouldn't be, but it's been in for just a few days, and i've felt around twice and can't find them and now i'm like, crap, am i gonna have to call my dr? ugh....

katvixenstar

Asked by katvixenstar at 7:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• I don't know about the breastfeeding part because I couldn't but you may want to call the doc and ask his opinion and let him know you can't feel the threads. I've had mirena for close to a year and I can feel threads always. Ofcourse, my husband can too during intercourse which shouldn't happen. Yours may just be shorter than mine. My doc did say you should be able to feel them. He made me check to make sure I could before I left after getting it.
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have to dig to find the threads...lol. I don't know about the period thing though, I've had the mirena for 15 months and I still have regular week long periods. So much for getting rid of those..ugh.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• okay, since i can't edit my question, here's a thought i just had. my bladder was like full when she put it in, would that have had any effect on it? (and yes, i am going to call her)
    katvixenstar

Answer by katvixenstar at 9:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009