Pardon my ignorance but If a child asks "what's the bible?" what would you tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guess it depends on your belief system and the age of the child. My answer in most cases would be "it's the Word of God" If a child had questions from there, I would answer them in accordance with my beliefs and convictions.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I's have to agree with missanc. If my child asked I would simply say it was a book because it is and although I do believe there is something out there I do not personally believe the words in a bible. Now, if my child cale to me and wanted to hear things from the bible or go to church to learn them I would take her myself. So, yes, it very much so depends on your personal beliefs.
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If it was my child, or the child of someone who shared my beliefs, I would basically say what the pp's have said - that it is a book that shares with us the Word of God.

If it wasn't my child, or if I didn't know what the child's parents were choosing to teach him / her about it, I would tell them that it is a book that, according to the Christian faith, shares the Word of God with people.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009