Charity Bake Sale

Good morning!!

I am thinking about having a charity bake sale for Compassion International, however I have never held a bake sale or participated. So my questions are:

How well do they normally do?

Which season is the best to hold it?

What type of goods have you sold/bought?

And please...any other advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

LaceyAM

Asked by LaceyAM at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Honestly, I would not buy food from a stranger who did not have a sanitation license

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I should have added this through church and will be held on church property-and the proceeds will go to an organization called Compassion International.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 9:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The PTO at my kids' school hold a monthly bake sale. They do well, but we have the whole school send in baked goods, and the whole parish comes to buy them. Get as much help as you can for baking and for selling. Little girls love to stand behind the counter and bag the items. Individually wrapped packages of 4 to 6 brownies, cookies or cupcakes go well. Some parents send in plastic cups with lots of gummy candy and little toys (plastic rings, stickers etc). These also do well.
    Quick breads such as banana bread, date nut bread, or pumpkin breads baked in smaller loaves do well also. We also sell pies, and cakes but these don't always sell. It will depend on your congregation. You might do well selling these.
    Be sure to label things, especially if they contain nuts. Have lots of change available and plastic shopping bags. Make sure things are attractive and easy to carry away. Good luck!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 12:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009