WHAT DOES YOUR RELIGION OR LACK OF SAY ABOUT YOU?

LATELY I HAVE GOTTEN A LOT OF FEED BACK ON WHAT THE FAITH OF SOME AROUND HERE SAY TO ME ABOUT THEMSELVES. NOT ALWAYS A POSITIVE THING, SOME HAVE SHOWED ME THAT THEIR COMPASSIONS OUTWEIGHS ANYTHING, HOW ABOUT YOU? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR FAITH SAYS ABOUT YOU?

Asked by older at 8:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Mine says nothing about me. My actions do though.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Unfortunetly, I am looked down upon by my family for believing something different then them. They all believe in God and the bible and I don't. They try to make me go to church when I was younger and when I was old enough to do things on my own it just wasn't for me. I'm not the anti-christ or anything like that. I believe in miracles and HOPE there is something out there but I'm one of thse people that's not going to believe in something because someone tells me that's what right. I would never try to pursuade anyone to believe wha I say but my parents who are sinners all the way are always telling me I'm going to hell. What is that? They don't know. They don't know there is a heaven and hell. I think my beliefs make me just that. A believer in what I want to believe in. Doesn't everyone have that right?
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well, I hope it says that I value, respect, and love every other person (and their beliefs), and that I believe God loves them as well....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• That God loves me so very much!
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 11:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• GIRLSMOMMA06, YES, EVERYONE HAS THAT RIGHT, AND THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOUR FAMILY SHOULD LOOK DOWN ON YOU FOR THAT.

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think what I believe in says that I am open minded enough to understand and see that WE are all different and believe differently..and that is ok to do.. that NONE of us have the right to Judge another just bc they do believe differently or lack of..

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• That I'm sceptical.  I don't blindly follow something just because someone says it's so.  I look at all sides of an issue before choosing the one that suits me best.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'd like to believe that my faith whispers to my conscience, and that my conscience and my actions speak to the world in gentle strength, compassion, and generosity while still keeping the spiritual equivalent of a rubber chikcen on hand.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• sadly, i think my Christian faith (at first) makes most ppl assume WAY too much about me. other Christians think im going to agree w/ them on everything & non-Christians think im one of those Bible-thumping Christians who will hate them b/c of their beliefs.

i really hope that i show the good sides of Christianity. that my faith shows love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. and that a Christian can see beyond their faith & respect the thoughts & beliefs of others.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My faith should reflect Christ and His Love and Compassion. If it does not I have failed in His commandment to Love God and to Love one another.
    I didn't accept this faith because it suited ME best but because I knew in my own heart I found unfailing, unconditional love for who I am. It isnt about ME but about Him and thats where a lot of people fail to see what Christianity is about. It is never about us but about Him. My life SHOULD reflect that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009