Do Biomeds cure Autism?

Have you heard of the physicians/scientists/parents national movement providing evaluations, tests, and treatment for autistic children.

I think that this movement encourages parents of autistic children to perform a series of tests and follow a strict diet with supplements. Running these kind of tests would cost almost 2,000.00 and paying for the visits to see the specialized Dr. would cost about $3,000.00. And the numbers will be adding up for follow up lab tests and nutritional supplements.

Since no Medicaid neither commercial insurance will pay for these kind of services I was wondering why wouldn't the government finance this kind of intervention?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Our friends had great success with chelation therapy. It is very expensive and risky, though.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• There is no "Cure" for Autism. The therapies, diets and such can make improvements but do not cure it. How do I know--- my son has Autism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009