Hormones = Fever????

Last night, I woke up arpund 2am with one of those body aching, freezing cold (covered in 6 blankets!!) fevers. I finally got to sleep again around 5, and when the alarm went off at 6- NO more fever!
As my step daughter would say, "What the heck, man?"
Could hormones have caused this? I've definitely been a hormonal mess lately. (had a baby 3 months ago)

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 8:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• turns out i have food poisoning! :p bleeegh
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have had that happen to me. I have always struggled with hormonal problems and about 18 mos ago, I began having weird symptoms that I never could pinpoint to anything specific. My hair began falling out, I began having weakness in my arms and muscles, my balance was off, I was depressed and the other one was that I would wake up in th emiddle of the night with a fever and take some tylenol and then it would disappear. That happened 3 nights in a row and then it never happened again. I dont know if it was hormonally related but I did begin to wonder about an auto immune disorder. WHen youre immune system goes haywire and begins trying to fight off things in your body that arent there, this can happen too. Next time you go in to the doc, mention this and definitely go if it happens again. You might not get answers immediately because I didnt, but keep track of the symptoms. good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I know that hormones will affect how hot or cold you feel. I often wake up at night and want a blanket, or wake up and am sweating and throw off the sheet. As far as whether hormones can actually cause a fever- where you take your temperature with a thermometer and the temperature is a fever- I don't know. I suspect that caffeine will also do this to me. I have less problem with feeling chilled or overheated at night if I don't have coffee the day before.

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009