Does Anyone Know A Good Bible Study?

For a group of young adults?

I'm looking for a devotional or bible study that my young adults and families group can do. I don't have any Christian book stores around me and will most likely need to buy something off of Amazon or Christianbook.com. Before I buy anything, I'd like to know if anyone knows of anything good they can recommend?

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 8:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What the Bible is All About - Quick Reference Edition.

It's published by Regal Books, and it's AWESOME!

It's got a 1 or 2 yr reading plan, time lines done in a fun way, explanations, discussions, "where it all happened" maps that show you both were it was, and where that is by today's maps / borders. Also, it has things like "discoveries from the past" that talk about major archeological discoveries that support the bible, etc.

It's done in a fun but very educational way that's good for someone who's "new at this" as well as someone who's very familiar with / knowledgeable of the bible.

It's great for discussions, too - my family uses it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh, and btw, if you do decide to check this one out, make sure you put the quick reference edition part in the title. There is a book simply called "What the Bible Is All About", but that one doesn't seem as "user friendly" for group studies, especially for young adults or teens, and it has 3 tear out bookmarks for your bible with your scripture reading schedule on it (1 yr on one side, 2 yr on the other). It has you reading some from each section each day - Law and History, Poetry and Prophecy, and New Testament.

You can do a search for both through Amazon.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The Beth Moore studies are great. Other reputable ones are those by Kay Arthur. If you would like to do a study on a book of the Bible, Warren Wiersbe's stuff is excellent. Go to http://www.christianbook.com for all kinds of others.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/BibleStudies/FreeOnlineBibleSchool/tabid/103/Default.aspx

These are some studies I like to do, they are from the Seventh Day Adventist Church. But true to the word of God. They are free :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• john bevere has some
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 3:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have two that would be fantastic. I've done them both, twice,and highly recommend them! The 1st is "Experiencing God",by Henry Blackaby and Claude King. I went through it right after I was saved,but it's good for anyone,at any time. The other one is "Spiritual Warfare",by John Franklin and Chuck Lawless. As we all know, as Christians, we face Spiritual Warfare on a daily, sometimes hourly basis,and this study shows us ways to deal with it,and scriptures to back it all up. Or, you can always do a Crown Financial Ministries Study. I see you want something for young families. We went through the Crown study,and learned so much from the Bible about how God wants us to spend money,save, and be good stewards of what He has entrusted us with. Hope those help some.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don't know if you have ever heard of this church. It isn't my church but they are really good. They have some Bible studies online. That you could print out for free.

Our women's studies at our church have done their Philippians, Romans, Peter, James, John 1,2 & 3, Esther, and Nehemiah studies. They are pretty good. You can print them out and download the MP3 if you want.

Harvest Women's Ministry

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• beth moore is great!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree that anything by Beth Moore is wesome. I think you can go to www.lifeway.com and view many different bible studies.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 8:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Have you ever listened to Pastor Jon Corson. He has some really awesome studies, here is the link in case you deside to take a listen to him...

http://www.joncourson.com
    BakingForFun

Answer by BakingForFun at 8:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009