Do you need to baptized a child in order to be enrolled in a Catholic School?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in

• Not at our school. We're not even Christians and I put atheist down on the enrollment papers and they have never said anything. As long as we pay our tuition they are happy. Then again the Catholic schools in Chicago are really suffering so they just want kids in the seats. There are a total of like 200 kids at our school (PK-8) with one classroom per grade. They only use half the building. I remember when I was a kid there were twice as many kids at this school. They actually didn't have room for me and my brother when we moved here so we had to go to a different school (back in the late 80s).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Typically yes, but some schools make an exception.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thats a good question. Is there a way you can contact the school for their requirements or find their handbook online. I know the school my kids go to have a website and their admissions policies are there. Its a quite stringent process actually, but we did everything that was asked of us. My kids start on Wed. Im so excited.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• our catholic system will allow upbaptised children only if there is room - catholics get preference though. and they have to have baptism certificate, birth certificate and a copy of one parent baptism certificate.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• In most cases no but most catholic schools do give preference first to the catholic students and then to all others.
    Scrappymommyof3

Answer by Scrappymommyof3 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009