Following the BF/FF questions...Do you think that you could know if a child was BF or FF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, and I'm sick of stupid questions like this. When will people learn basic statistics? ON AVERAGE, breastfed babies are healthier than formula fed babies. When you look at ALL bf babies, their average health will be better than the group of ALL ff babies. It is not comparing one baby to another. "Every baby you know" does not make a statistical difference. My breastfed baby is sick right now. Does that mean formula is better than breastmilk, or just the same? No! It means my baby is sick. Thank goodness she is breastfed, because she won't eat anything else.

I'm happy your formula fed baby is healthy. Your can of formula will tell you that breastmilk is better than formula, but if you can't feed breastmilk, it is an acceptable alternative. It is not an equal substitute, but it is there for you to use when you need it! If I couldn't bf, I would happily use formula, but I would recognize breastfeeding is best.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope FF and BF is all the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope....well not without asking!! :)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• By just looking at the baby? No.

Answer by louise2 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• There is no way of knowing unless you see how they feed their kids or you ask.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No, the only way to tell is flat out ask the parents, or be around and observe feeding time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• who cares as long as the baby is being fed right?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009