Mysterious friend invites..

I keep getting these mysterious friend invites. The first few were public profiles that only had one view like they were newly made... The next 2 were private profiles... I'm wondering if anyone else gets these or it just me?... I have broken off a few friendships on here and I'm wondering if it's one of them....

Thanks....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I have had these.

Answer by louise2 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have had these too. A lot of moms come on here to make new friends...I wouldn't worry about it. If you feel really uncomfortable you could try to block them. I wouldn't recommend giving anybody personal information, esp. home contact information, unless they give you theirs first. People who are suspicious will not offer you their contact information. Just play it smart and safe. Go with your gut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I get them too and just delete them.
    Anonymous

• I havent had any of those but I DOOO get a friends request every once in a while from chocolatepops and when I got to add it it says I don't have any friend requests, and then a couple weeks later i get it again, its weird.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah. I had one from a friend of a friend who would send me fake profiles and harrass me. So not thanks to that junior high immaturity. Thank goodness she is not on that much anymore....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If I get them I send them a friendly message asking them to tell me more about them.

New people sometimes do searches for other moms with similar interests or living in the same areas and then send a friend invite to them not knowing that it helps to send a personal message explaining who they are and why they asked that person to become their friend. New members just need a guiding hand is all. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2009