My friend was just told that her 2 year old son is autistic. How can I help my friend get through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just be there for her... there's really no other advice I can give. Offer her your help whenever you can. Autism isnt a fatal disease, she will get through this just fine. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree. Be there for her as much as you can. Do some research on your own to find out more about autism. Try to find support groups in her area to tell her about. She is going to be flooded with information, so anything you can come up with will be appreciated. Remember every child with autism is different, try your best to treat her child like any typical child (involve them in going to the park, playdates if you have kids). Try to keep tabs with your friend, she needs you now more than ever and by even asking this question, I can tell you are a good friend.
    mommameeks

Answer by mommameeks at 10:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009