Should I keep her home???

My daughter has a cough from some post nasal drainage she's has this weekend.. It's not a ongoing cough she prob cough's 4 or 5 times and hour.. Her nose is still stuffy and she still has the drainage.... I was wondering if I should keep her home or not.... I don't want to offend anyone by taking her with that cough even tho it's harmless.... I have no prob keeping her home with me just to be clear... I already decided to keep her home, I just wanted to see what you ladies thought... My DH is deployed and I have the 2 days a week she's at early preschool that I can do things without her in tow..

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in

• If she doen't have a fever and she is not throwing up, she should go to school.
    Dairy is mucus producing - try eliminating it until the congestion clears up.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No, she should go to school. Many kids learn early on that you can ask to stay home for every little sinus congestion which is a bad school ethic and later on will be a bad work ethic. Teach your child to tough it out. It will not hurt her...its only preschool anyway (more fun then stress there)
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If she has no fever and other wise feels fine i would send her .
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Seeing she has no fever, isn't feeling lethargic, she needs to go to school. If the center doesn't want her there, they will call you to come and get her. Don't start letting her stay home for every little thing, it will only cause problems later in her schooling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thanks Ladies!!!! I'm going to take her and let the school know if she's feeling bad to call me to come get her....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009