My newborn son has a horrible infant rash covering his whole head and face. Does anyone know of something I can do????????

He is 1 month old and the rash is covering his whole face, ears, head, front and back of his neck. It is not red bumps but it is dry and reddish looking. Thanks for the support. He is so beautiful and I just want his skin to clear up!!!!!!

Adrienne2410

Asked by Adrienne2410 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the dr asap

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well my dd had that. they diagnosed her with eczema. but u should take him to the dr to make sure its not a type of deratitis.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Take him to the Dr. My son was diagnosed with eczema when he was just a few months old. Hope everything is all right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• newborns have all kinds of rashes, so hard to tell. most of them are completely normal and will go away on their own. but sometimes it is excema. call your son's pediatrician. she will need to look at it.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If it's eczema it could be flaring up from an allergy. If you are BF try altering your diet, or if FF maybe try switching formulas. But talk to your dr first to make sure that's what it is.
    lollipopcat

Answer by lollipopcat at 10:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My baby had a rash like this also my doc told me to use cortizone . use 2 -3 time a day special after giving the baby a bath . it helps alot ..
    lyrasmom09

Answer by lyrasmom09 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009