What processed baby food do you prefer over homemade baby food?

I prefer buying the beechnut apples baby food, the Granola with fruit from the same company to name a few.

When it comes to bananas I buy them naturally and make home made mash bananas. So easy LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didn't have time to make my own baby food with my dd so everything was in the jar except bananas and squash
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• None. By definition, processed is unhealthy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Gerber is everywhere, and my son loves it. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• processed is not unhealthy! that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, i hope the person who posted this question doesn't honestly believe that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• gerber and beechnut are both very good
    Anonymous

• Fruit that comes in a glass container is so yummy for my baby. When it comes to veggies I prepared them my self. wait! Beechnut sweet peas are the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Hi I forgot to check the "OP" above
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i used earth's best organic exclusively, and even now that she's off of babyfood, i utilize as many organic toddler snacks as possible to supplement her fruits and vegetables. she loves veggies but she has no teeth still and fruit gives her trouble, so she does better with organic fruit snacks. the only "processed" food she gets now is club crackers, and we put organic peanut butter on it.

any meals we prepare for ourselves that we share with her, we try to use organic pastas and meats.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Processed foods that may not be as healthy as fresh foods include:

canned foods with lots of sodium
    white breads and pastas made with refined white flour, which are not as healthy as those made with whole grains
    packaged high-calorie snack foods, like chips and cheese snacks
    high-fat convenience foods, like cans of ravioli
    frozen fish sticks and frozen dinners
    packaged cakes and cookies
    boxed meal mixes
    sugary breakfast cereals
    processed meats
    Processed meats might be some of the worst of these foods. Eating these meats may increase your risk of colorectal, kidney and stomach cancer. Processed meats include hot dogs, bologna, sausage, ham and other packaged lunch meats.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I like gerber. if you read the ingredients its just the plain old stuff you'd make yourself. I just didn't have time to make it.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2009