I FINALLY found a pediatrician that accepts medicaid and isn't far from home but IDK how this works!!!

the doctors arent affiliated with the hospital I'm giving birth at. What do I do about that? Can I give birth and some pediatrician THERE will take care of the baby and then I can transfer to the other pediatrician? I have NO IDEA how this works really.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the ped before you hav thebaby...let them know your due date and know that yo would like you child to be seen by them....the hospital will have there on call do all the examination there and they send their findings to the ped you want....one week after your baby is born yull haveto take your baby to see the ped forhis first check up....after that it gets easier....just make sure you actually like the doctor...like go and meet her/him an ask alot of questions...best of luck to you
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• the on call ped will take care of your baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• at the hospital you will most likely have the ped-on-call do the initial examinations. then you can take your child to whichever pediatrician you want as long as they take medicaid. taking medicaid, to a pediatrician, is uncomplicated and like taking any other kind of insurance.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It's all good. Just have your baby. They will take care of his immediate needs and check him out then you take him to your doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• What state are you in? Here in Texas, the neo-natal nurse practitioners take care of the baby after birth and you take the newborn to the pedi of your choice a few days after you're released from the hospital. If your hospital doesn't make it mandatory for your baby to see the neo-nates (which I loved at my hospital, they were great!) then the baby will see the on-call pedi.... same procedure as above!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009