Do you trust the pregnancy test strips?

I really have to know if I'm pregnant because I'm taking harmful medicine that could hurt the baby.I took a test today and it said negative, but how many moms had that experience and they were pregnant?Were you pregnant anyways from a negative test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Call your dr for a blood test and/or pelvic to confirm.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ditto to what sweetmoonem says.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Pregnancy tests are rather accurate when it comes to positive results. Negative results however are iffy things, it could merely mean you tested too early and your hormone levels are not what they should be to trigger a positive result. I have at time tested too early and received and negative just to turn around a few days later and have a positive. If you think you're pregnant but are getting a negative on your pregnancy test wait a few days to a week and test again.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah I take 2 or 3 because I'm usually in denial :o)
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 10:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I can't wait 2-3 days or a week I have to know now,the medicine harms the baby. But I've read some woman got 3 blood tests and they were all negative and she was pregnant,so I'm going to stick with the urine test?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• blood tests are a lot more accurate than urine tests.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• What Kframpton said.. LmaoOOooooo!!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I only trust the positive ones.. I'm really paranoid. I don't know how blood tests can be wrong, I'm sure its possible but they're supposed to be WAY more accurate so I'd def. call your doctor and schedule one if you REALLY need to know
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• you're much more likely to have a false negative than a false positive. if you are worried about the meds you are taking and need to know, get to the doctor now. btw blood tests are WAY more accurate than urine tests. anybody who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009