3.5 year old starting to talk like a baby?????

My daughter is starting to talk like a baby! She is very smart for her age and has always been able to speak well for her age. But she is starting to talk like baby and will sometimes act like one. For example: When she wants something, she will point and grunt like she use to when she was a baby! She is an only child and I stay home with her so she is only around other children a couple hours a week. But I noticed she does it more when we are around other people. What is the deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd is doing some baby talk here latley too, like when she talks to or about her daddy she calls him "dada" where she used to say daddy.... i think mine does it b/c i'm due any day now with baby #2
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am not sure why she is doing it, but I know that my 3.5 SD started doing it when her mom had another child. To control it at our house I simply tell her that I can not understand her when she talks like that, then I go about my business. The first few times she kept doing it and got upset when I wouldn't give in. Finally she has realized that I will be more then happy to get her something when she speaks like a big girl.
    Has our girl had any big changes? Is she starting preschool? She might just be doing it for more attention.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 10:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009