Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As part of a government survey you will be asked: How long do you believe a Welfare Recipient need the assistance in order to get back on his feet?

A. 6 months
B. 12 months
C. 18 months
D. 24 months
E. 3-5 years



Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I have no issue with helping ppl by supplementing with either food, energy, hc vouchers or cash as long as the individuals are working and living by the letter of the law. However, this includes everyone who is able bodied. I do not believe in cherry picking. If you're child needs specialized care, but you are able-bodied, work the off hours when you might have a family member who could watch the child. Widow with 3 kids-work the WM job AND receive the government assistance. Problem is companies are closing down and jobs are few and far between.

    We need an improved and updated educational system. 1 that addresses the job skills needed to be marketable in today's global economy.

    Answer by Sisteract at 12:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • C or D. to be on the safe side.

    Answer by BEXi at 10:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I agree c or d with the way the economy is now harder and harder to find a job, but should startat six months and evaluate the situation because each family is different...

    Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • The answer is always C. lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • C. and only then if certain conditions are met

    Answer by christaberk at 10:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • A

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I would say D.

    Answer by 2princesnaKing at 11:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • c

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I'd say C, but I would require them to do the same thing done with unemployment, you must be actively looking for a job to recieve benefits.

    Answer by Petie at 11:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I would say b or c, with special allowances up to d.

    Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009