How to get an (almost) 2 year 0ld use to rinsing her hair?

She's fine while I bath her, she even helps wash herself and plays while I rub it the shampoo. But when I rinse her hair, if a drop of water gets in her face she screams and climbs up the tub and jumps in my arms then doesnt want to get back in.
I'm trying to teach her to hold the rag over her eyes, and look up...but she will be 2 next month and really doesn't understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd understood to look up & that age, she's just being stubborn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• its normal.

none of mine liked the rinsing part of hair washing. my middle still hates it and she's 6
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Every child is different, and most little ones really hate having thier hair rinsed, it's quite normal...not her being stubborn!

I find that for my more "afraid" ones if I wash and rinse thier hair in the kitchen sink (with them laying on the counter) it is less traumatic for them and helps ease them into being able to do it in the tub.

It's an extra step sure, but it's better then the bath tub wrestle.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Can you have her lay down in the bathtub? I found my daughter's hair was much easier to rinse this way than trying to pour water with a cup.

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Mine was the same way. I gave her a towel to put over her face and let the water run over her head

Answer by rkoloms at 4:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009