My 10 month old son doesn't really babble.

He does say ummmmm, aaaaaaa, ooooooo, ahhhhhhhh, ba, ma, da, uh da and screams alot.. He also mimicks us. if I say ahhhh, he says it. He isn't saying babababababa, or mamamamama, or dadadadadada. Is this normal. He also blows a ton of rasberries.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child develops differently. I wouldn't worry. My LO started to babble alot right before her 1st birthday and from then we now have about 15-20 words that she uses and she is 13 1/2 mos. Just have some patience.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my youngest didnt babble much either. she was more content to sit back and watch and let us interpret the grunts. it's only been the last 6months that she's started jabbering up a storm.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It sounds like he is babbling, just not saying "words". And really, you have a few more months for that to happen before he is considered "delayed". I have had the "luck" of having 3 of my 4 kids go through early intervention. My BEST advice is if you are worried enough to be posting for other moms' opinions about it, consult your ped. or local early intervention. It won't hurt! Early intervention has to come out and assess any child that a parent or physician finds there is a concern with. If they come out, evaluate and say, "Hey, he's right where he needs to be!" they can give you info about where he should be when. If they find a delay, they immediately develop a plan with you for how they will help him. Some times, just having a professional tell you your child is right where they need to be is what you need to hear. I agree with the PP who said all kids develop at a different rate. Don't panic too much. :)
    Mom_2_Boyz

Answer by Mom_2_Boyz at 10:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• talk to him constantly. if he repeats a sound you make make it again and giggle with delight that he is learning. Constant constant interaction. My kids started with their first words at 6-7 months. Yes, they are advanced, but I also never shut up! The more opportunites they have to learn, the more they will learn. Those evaluation professionals know all kinds of way to interact with different kids with differnt learning styles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You know.....we wait and wait for our kids to learn to talk then we wait and wait for them to just hush for a little bit! LOL Honestly don't worry so much all kids do things at different ages and it sounds to me like he is doing fine.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009