naps?

why doesn't my 8 month old baby take naps? you can tell she is tired but she refused to take them why is that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At this age she is afraid that if she sleeps then she will miss something. I don't know your routine, but I would try a schedule of some sort. My lo takes a nap about 2 -2 1/2 hours after she has been up. She has been this way since she was 6 mos old. Or you can lay her down at a specified time every day and leave her alone and call it rest time. All babies need to rest. Is she being overstimulated? Over stimulated babies have a hard time sleeping as well. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How much commotion can she see and/or hear from her napping spot? Also take a look at what there is for her to look at and play with. If she is overstimulated as the pp suggested you may want to take some things out of the room (I couldn't even leave the mobile up when my daughter was a baby because she spent too much time looking at it!). How soon do you get her after putting her down for a nap? Maybe if you just decide she is going to nap for so long and then leave her in there for that time she will learn to fall asleep.
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 11:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son is 7 months and is fighting naps and even bed time now. He is just a busy boy and wants to see whats going on. Good luck its just a phase i have heard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009