Spanking a 7 year old and 5 year old

How is the best way to spank a 7 year old and a 5 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• a pop on the butt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think that it depends on why you would spank them. At that age I would only spank to get a serious point across like doing something that would endanger their lives.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I use my hand.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I use my hand on a bare butt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• A little swat on the butt is fine just be firm and make sure thye understand why thye got spanked. Hey FYI don't freak out if you get a bunch of moms start flipping out with the spanking thing you know its gonna happen!! LOL
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• First of all you need to outline the rules on what is spank worthy. Meaning that by the time they have earned a spanking, it should be NO surprise to them. I would warn them first and then if they continue to disobey, you need to take them into YOUR room. This symbolizes the authority of mom and dad. You need to spend a few minutes talking about the offense, WHY its not okay, and remind them of their warning. I personally dont spank with my hands because my hands are for loving. My choice only. Administer appt amt of licks on the butt ONLY. Probably about 3. Let them cry for a few min, but dont let them milk it. Then sit down again and hold them. Express to them how much you truly love them and how it hurts your heart to have to spank and how you want them to grow up to be self controlled adults. If you believe in God, then pray with them. When they leave your room, they should be on good terms with you. This takes about 30min
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• This is the way we do it and I dont care what others think about it. It works for us and you wouldnt believe the behavior change I get when we finally just do this. Kids need to know your willing to spend the time with them disciplining them. There is NO yelling, no screaming, and no slapping. Just a good organized spanking and when I do this, I dont usually have to do it again for months. I havent spanked in gosh, I dont know how long. Our spanking offenses are lying, direct disobedience, and disrespect or anything else that has become a constant problem. Also if youre not going to spend the time to do it right, then dont do it at all. It doesnt help to just slap on them because you dont want to take the time. ALso if you dont have the time, then dont threaten. I have been told spanking is lazy parenting, but personally, I think time out and anything that doesnt take up your time, is lazy. My kids deserve my time!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• On the butt with...or the upper thigh.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am no longer a spanker...that said...I used to send him to his room to 'think about' why he was in trouble. This gave me time to cool down. Then I would go in, we would talk about it. Then I would have him lay over my lap and I would spank his butt. then I would leave him alone until he was calmer then I would go back in and we would hug and I would tell him i loved him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am no longer a spanker, so I guess I won't be much help but I will let you in on something that I learned from a family court judge, a police officer and a social worker.... spanking a child on a bare butt is considered child abuse and it could be considered sexual abuse too. NO child needs to be spanked. At 5 and 7, your kids are old enough to be reasoned with, talked to about what they should be doing instead, you can ask them why they did something. Listen to them, the reason they did something may make sense to them and they just need guidance in how to act apporpriately. Children need to be taught how to act, they don't just know how to act appropriatley. Take away their favorite toys, no outside time, no friends over, no electronics, extra chores all work just as well if not better than spanking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009