Cat dander?

My male kitten leaves a gritty residue behind wherever he sleeps. He is an indoor cat and flea free, at least I haven't seen any lately and I use frontline. I also brush him when he lets me. Any suggestions?

rotPferd

Asked by rotPferd at 11:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pets

• he might just have dry skin. is he by any chance overweight? my cat used to be overweight and he got dry skin so bad, like dandruff. we added 1/4 teaspoon safflower oil (or you can use olive oil) to his food everyday and it helped a lot- along with getting his weight down! he was given to us as a fat cat. if the grit is not white like dandruff, then it might be something else and i'd ask the vet about that.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• A quality cat food and some pure salmon oil can help with dry kitten skin.

see here for more help with cat foods and supplements:

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/3490-104248/Cat-Food/Marie-Peppers-Cat-Food.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 9:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Can't really tell what color it is. I can't see it but I can feel it. He's just your typical 2-3 lb kitten. Will try the oils.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 10:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009