Calf pain..

Two days ago I woke up SCREAMING, I was in so much pain. I had a charley horse in my calf so bad and I couldn't move my leg or foot so I couldn't make it go away. Well still today, my calf hurts bad. When I walk or put pressure on it I feel like I have a painful ball there & its really sore to touch. I've tried a heating pad, ice, a bath, tylenol but the pain won't go away.
Any other tips?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell some one to put their hand on your toes ( prob the palm works best ) and push up it will stretch out your legs ,,,,sounds stupid but works great or take a belt and put it but below your toes and pull up if you can Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Other than massage, eat some bananas and potatoes for cramp prevention.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i'm having the same problem! my ob said to drink gatoraid to help with the cramps, and plenty of water.... my claf is so sore right now it hurts to walk, i got some icy hot and rubbed it on the muscle, it's temporary but it helps enough to where it's not as painful to walk GL i hope it goes away soon, for both of us :/
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• calf* oops
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It sounds like your low on magnesium eat bananas or find something with magnesium in it. I had the same problem i did that and a lot of stretching and rubbing the muscle it will eventually go away
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• it's potassium but whatever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Try to prevent them by drinking OJ, eating bananas, and trying your best not to point your toes when you stretch your legs. If you do get a cramp as much as it hurts, as much as you don't want to get up and walk, move that muscle around. Flex and point your toes and if your partner is willing have them rub the calf. They suck so bad to get. I have woken up the house yelling a couple of times in the past. But they do go away and are just one of the wonderful joys of pergnancy.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 1:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009