Potty training question

I was thinking about starting to potty train my 13 mo old. She is interested in the potty and wakes up dry after naps since she was 11 mos old. I can even time the poop in the morning. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it this early and if they were successful. Please no bashing b/c if it doesn't go well then we will stop and try again in a few months.

coala

Asked by coala at 11:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, in general it sounds kinda early, but for a girl, anything is possibly. I totally believe that girls are capable of anything if they put their minds to it. If shes generally interested, then I dont see why it could hurt. The waking up dry is a big thing. My 3 1/2 yr old son is just now doing that. I waited a LONG time to start potty training him and once he was ready, he did it in like 3-4 day. I was so proud of him and I saved myself and him all the frustration, tears and drama. Just see if she will cooperate with you and if she doesnt, then maybe try again at about 18 mos. Even if she doesnt take to it right now, from what you described, it sounds like she will still be very early in training and likely very easy to train. My oldest did it on her own at 22 mos. Had I worked with her, she could have been doing it much earlier. Now that shes 15, she is still very smart and mature for her age. Thats the oldest for you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would take any tips on potty training right now. My youngest is 3 and is absolutely not interested in sitting on the potty or toilet whatsoever. No amount of bribing or pleading will make him go. He does on occasion wake up dry and I will put him on the potty right away, but nothing. He'll just sit there and say "NO", don't have to". So, any tips from those that have been there, please let me know.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• A little girl I used to babysit started potty training at about a year. It didn't work so well for her. She would only potty at home, but anytime she was here she'd have accidents (or if she was anywhere besides home). Maybe that just had something to do with her personality? If she's interested, I would give it a shot. Why not? If it's not working or she becomes uninterested, just stop and try again later. No harm done.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009