Do you use a laundry mat?

We are moving in a couple of weeks and I'm going to have to start using a laundry mat or something of that nature. I have two young boys (2&1) and I'm really not sure how this is going to work out (not like I have much choice in the matter lol). So if you ladies could give me some advise I would be grateful.

mssemmy

Asked by mssemmy at 11:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had to use one when me and my husband first got married because we couldn't afford one. be sure to bring plenty of quarters, your own washing detergent and such, and if you stay there maybe a book or something to read to pass the time. hope this helped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• if you bring the boys, don't forget toys to keep them occupied.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i have used one and I kinda like i because you can do a wks worth of laundry in 2 hrs. Who wouldnt want 10 washers at your disposal LOL. My dd was older but she loves the laundromat. we usually play cards or a board game and she helps me sort and switch to the dryers. I sort when I get there, just open a bunch of washers in a row and start sorting the hamper right into them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Find one with good machines. It might cost a little more per load, but at least you wont have to wash everything or dry everything multiple times. Nicer mats usually have better quality machines!

I would do all the washing first at once as quickly as you can and then stick everything in dryers and go to a park close by if you can. Your kids will be bored!

smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 11:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I go to the laundromat every so often, especially when the machines in my building are being used. As long as it's a clean place, you don't have to worry much. Yes, bring your change, just in case there is no one there to make change, washing supplies and book to pass the time. I always travel with anti-bacterial wipes in my purse, just to wipe down areas that others touch. I'm not anal, but with the H1N1 flu virus on the rise, I don't take any chances.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I just wait until I only have like a few clean outfits left for each person, I go and fill as many washers as I need, go run other errands, go back and fill the big dryers, run more errands and pick it all up when it's done. Takes about 3 hours altogether. Luckily I finally got a washer and dryer so I can do one load a day but that's what worked best for me.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009