14 month old throwing massive fits....

anyone else? how do you deal with it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter does the same thing. mostly i just walk away and show her just because she throws a tantrum she is not going to get her way. usually it works... except one time she exhaled soo much when screaming she made herself pass out. that WAS the 1 time she got babied and got her way. kinda funny now, but i was freaking out then. good luck!
    graciesmommy007

Answer by graciesmommy007 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Same here, mine is 17 months and them tantrums are shining through...lol! Most of the time I do my best to ignore them, other times I redirect, give her another option other then throwing a fit. If they get real bad and it is close to nap time or bedtime, she goes to bed.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 11:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Mine is the same and when shes throwing herself back and ever witch way I lay her down on the floor and she slows herself down to sit up and she slows herself down, then it's over. I have to say I guess the 2's are gonna be even more fun LOL I just can't wait LOL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh no.. the 3's is the best and then at age 4 you get your sweet child back until BAM! age 5 comes, then not only do you have tantrums, you have a smart mouth to go along with it. Fun stuff. :)
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 12:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son started at this age too. I started time outs at 16 months... though that doesn't help all the time and he goes through all morning whine fests ( turns out its only for ME though ) I walk over him or let him cry and go about my business but he can out whine me... he hits himself when he's mad or hits whatever's close to him and then I take his hand and tell him NONO and then after about 40 minutes am able to redirect his attention again..wahh... who'd have thought our parents went through all this?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009