what to do to celebrate a 40th birthday party for a girl? places to go, games?

I'll turn 40 next month and have no clue about what to do. I want to have a nice party with looooots of fun, not only the tradicional bday party. But I don't want to do anything that could "hurt" any of some conservative friends I have. Any suggestion on what to do?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Entertainment

• wow - what kind of conservative friends do you have that anything you choose to do for fun at your party could "hurt" them? are you a sado masochistic swinger??!!! assuming not.... i can think of things like... an afternoon tea on the lawn... with lots of flowers and croquet.. where hte games are based on jeopardy or trivial pursuit, or maybe have a literary or victorian theme. i guess if wild and crazy is what you want to avoid, celebrations held during the day - like brunch or tea - tend to be more sedate than those held into the wee hours of the night. :)

Answer by anniekelleher at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Visit I have gotten ideas for many of my parties from there. I got the idea for a "this is your life" themed party for my mil's 50th party from there.

Answer by just_the_mommy at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008