Side dish for tonight!!

I am going to a small potluck tonight it is for a committee board meeting. Usually someone brings a taco dip or cheeseball. What is an easy side I can pick up or throw together fast. I am at work today and only have about 20 mins to throw something together. It doesnt have to be homemade.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Will you stop at a grocery store or will you tell us what ingredients you have onhand?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i can go to the store
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Shrimp cocktail Cream Cheese Dip

block or 2 of cream cheese
    tiny shrimps
    shrimp cocktail sauce
    Wheat Thins or Ritz Crackers

Put the cream cheese on a dish or platter. Put shrimp over the cream cheese. Pour Sauce over that! Voila! Really yummy too!

Spinach Dip Bowl- Most grocery stores have a premade spinach dip. Grab some and a sourdough bread round. Cut a circle into the top of the bread, pull out the bread and break it into pieces. ( you may want to buy an extra loaf and break that up too. Put the spinach dip inside the " bread bowl". Put on a platter and serve with the broken bread pieces around it.

You could always call a favorite restaurant and see how much they'd charge for a large appetizer platter. My MIL always does that at a local mexican restaurant. For $30.00 she gets a huge platter with enough food on it to feed at least 20 people.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Shrimp cocktail Cream Cheese Dip block or 2 of cream cheese tiny shrimps shrimp cocktail sauce Wheat Thins or Ritz Crackers Put the cream cheese on a dish or platter. Put shrimp over the cream cheese. Pour Sauce over that! Voila! Really yummy too!

This is soooooo good!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would probably just go and get some potato salad or cole slaw from the deli.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Hummus, sugar snaps, carrot sticks and pita chips.

You can buy premade hummus (Cedars is best, Sabra is second best), or make your own in about 1.5 minutes. You can buy premade pita chips, or make your own. This is the world's best hummus (though I add a pinch of cumin): http://www.dedemed.com/index.php/Vegetarian-Recipes/Hummus.html

Answer by rkoloms at 3:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I make shoepeg corn dip that I think is great. 1 block of cream cheese, 1 stick of butter, 1 pkg of shoepeg corn (baby white corn). Microwave it until it's all blended together. I add rotel or jalapenos for a kick. I use scoops to dip in it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I like all of the ideas. Also sometimes stores have vegetable trays already fixed. That would be another idea.

Thanks for the recipe, admckenzie, I'm going to try it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009