What sippy cup is best if child bites the spout?

My boy is almost 11 months old and I have given him different sippy cups over the last few months. He loves them all! Problem is he plays too much and throws the cup causing the piece inside to come apart, spilling it everywhere! He also bites on the spout as he is drinking from it, gets the drink all over him. What do you suggest? His bottle has a fast flow.

tresa2steppin

Asked by tresa2steppin at 12:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Playtex works well. You might have to paly around with different ones. My daughter chewed through the nuby ones and though one of the gerber ones, but we also had some other types of gerber that she chewed on, but not through.

I think you just have to watch them and if it seems like the spout is starting to give, toss it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh, I also got one from Winn-Dixie that has elmo on it and no vavlue. Don't recall the brand, but those have worked well so far, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, playtex are good. I like the nuby ones. My LO chews on them but with the hard plastic lids, it just causes scratches. She hasn't chewed through them. I like the nuby ones because you can adjust fast or slow with the valve. Any hard plastic lid with a valve works well. The lids, they can't chew through and the valve makes them TRULY leak free.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• PLAYTEX!! also, they are the only ones i'll use because they are the only ones i've found that don't warp from the dishwasher... i'd run other brands through the dishwasher, and next time i'd use it, it would be leaky because the lid wouldn't screw on right.... so, playtex it is!
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 1:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My DD likes the playtex ones, but you can also try the ones with a straw.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009