the father are the grandparent

my Q. is i have my grandson he is 3wks old i have his sister's as well had them since they where born. ok the thing is my daughter say she is tired of him whinning all the time but she want to raise him herself becuz she always wanted a boy,not grls.. my thing who has more rights the father are the grandparent she dont know 4 sure if it is his son,but she dont want me to bring the baby back to her now becuz she has no car at the time,to take him where he needs to go,and want me to take gurdiship of him as well,he has seen the baby 1time, other than that nothing my daughter will not let him, she has a history with DCFS,FOR ABUSE,ect ect.i must say she did have a car up until 5dys ago need new car, tell me what would u do???????

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 12:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Can you please restate your question so we can understand it? For example "the father are the grandparent" sounds like the father and grandfather are the same person?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am a lil confused as to what is going on? I think u need to explain a bit better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• LOL rkoloms i was thinking 'if the father is the grandparent there are a lot bigger issues going on here'

but in all seriousness, the bio dad has more rights than the grandparent, unless the court says otherwise
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• From the little bit that I did understand from this question, I would say to contact social services. Doesn't sound like the mom should have these children. If the grandmother wants custody, than she should fight for it.
    nikohtine

Answer by nikohtine at 12:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Contact social services, it sounds like the grandparent has had them all this time, the girls at least and now the baby boy. If the parents have left them with the grandparents then the grandparents should be able to get custody. Technically the bio father has more rights then the grandparents.....but since it seems the parents haven't been there thus far, the grandparent would probaly get custody. I wonder how old the girls are, what about school? The grandparent would need some rights in order to put them in school.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well, i know that when you have a baby in the hospital he has to either sign for his rights or not, he is allowed by law to get a paternity test before signing for his rights. if the moron did sign for his rights then he needs to step up and do something about it. though these people probably just need to be neutered if they are having kids and picking and choosing what they want and how they want it. i believe you are the grandparent in question here- just go talk to an attourney. you'll win and you might even get them court ordered to get fixed.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 1:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• He'd have to prove he's the father if he's not on the birth cert. Can he afford that? If not, have her go to legal aid and make you the legal guardian.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009