Thinking of having another baby...

SO, right now I have 3 children. For as long as I remember, I have always wanted 4 children, but hubby and I agreed to 3. I am realyl feeling the urge to have another, and he says we can have one if I think it's not something I can be happy with, not having another. In today's world, is it possible to have 4 children and give them everything they need? We want our kids to be able to play sports and do all the things we want them to do, and part of me feels like it will be hard enough to do that with the 3 we have...am I crazy for wanting another? I feel crazy saying I feel like someone is missing from our family, but I feel like that. What to do, what to do?!

I would really like to hear from mothers who have 4 children...or more!!

gonnabeamomto3

Asked by gonnabeamomto3 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• hi, in way I'm like you. I always wanted children. period. then two, then three. I did for sure want three children. I'm out of my baby years now because i just decided i couldn't justify bringing another life in to the world when I'd already been so blessed with my three with my husband. My baby urges timeclock finally shut down after my third baby. A while after she was born my hormones were no longer on high alert at the sound of a baby cry or sight of a newborn in a store passing me by. So even though I had three not four I know what you mean that you just want need four children, it's in you, it's your destiny. Three children were my destiny. If your finances, insurance as steady and the lives now as they are for your existing children are good then you might as well at least try for a fourth. You probably just won't rest deep inside you unless you at least try. Volunteering with kids, hosp.nursery,4H mite easeu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I've got 7 with one one the way..number 8 was a surprise, anyways, it is very doable, it may just mean more creativity.

My kids play sports, but instead of playing all the sports they pick one or two that they love and that is what they play, the equipment can get expensive but I am creative and search the internet and find really great deals. They have everything they need and most of what they want, it may not be an Ipod, or all name brand, but that doesn't mean they are missing out.

So no it's not crazy to want more, it just may mean that instead of a two week vacation you take one week, little sacrafices (if that's what you want to call it) is all it really takes and a little creativity!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You are not crazy. I want 5.. as long as you feel that you and your husband and support them then what is crazy about it? If you and your husband want another one then have another one. :) GOod luck!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My inlaws have five children, one set of my grandparents had six children. I'd say if you're not heavily in debt plus if you're steady employment for income and health care, it's your own choice. All those years ago my inlaws and my grandparents with all of their children each family brought up loving and responsible children into adults. It's time and what we do with our kids that's most important no matter how many we have. Blessings for peace for you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have 4 right now and would love to have another if I could, but I had too many complications with #4 and my dh tells me all the time he doesn't want to raise them without me. Yes, it's hard but it's also a lot of fun - I was one of 5 kids, and my dh was one of 4 so we were used to large(r) families. It gets expensive with everything they want to do, and sometimes we have to limit it, but one more really isn't that big of a stretch, especially since you'll have so many hand me downs. There's also the hassle of getting everyone where they need to be when they need to be there, but other moms help out and carpool, it works and you do what you have to. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 1:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Don't force your husband into having a child he doesn't want.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am not forcing my husband....life is about give and take, and he wants me to be happy if four is what I want.
    gonnabeamomto3

Answer by gonnabeamomto3 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009