Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice... Thinking of asking him to leave.

I have been married for 17 years and have 6 kids I've been a SAHM most of our marriage.
DH has had a drug addiction that lasted for about 9 years he finally got help and had been clean for quite a while.
Well, he has began to use again and I can't do this with him again. I think I want him to leave until he gets help.
I am just scared how will I take care of me and the kids.
Even in his worst part of his addiction he has provided for us. He is what you would call a functioning Addict.
Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • Alimony....

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Dont put yourself or your kids through it again. You will figure out a way to provide for them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Alimony....

    Well, can't get that if I can't afford a divorce.

    I not looking to divorce him I want him to get help again

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • You could get a legal separation (not a divorce) and still get alimony and child support. Tell him to get clean and come home. Legal aid will do the paperwork if you don't have the money

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Yeah, well there's the problem I don't have the money to do any sort of legal process

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Legal aid will help, another place that can help is any women crisis center (maybe) They want to help families and if they can help you I am sure that they will. Women crisis can help you get up with legal aid at the very least. If you have no money you pay no money.
    Another note you should leave, you have to show him he will lose everything in order for him to hit bottom and then be able to rise again. If you stick around you are showing him that you are ok with it and you obviously not. Show him what he will loose if he continues on this path. I know your scared for you and your children but believe me you will be ok. There is so much out there to help a mom like you. My mother did it with 8 children. I have all the faith that you will be ok. Good luck

    Answer by mommy-perks at 1:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • If your dh has gone back to drugs, you know for yourself, the first stages is denial for him...too bad you didn't invest in a savings for just such an event, seeing that he had a drug problem before...but since you didnt', you can't look back, you've got to go on ahead...with the way the economy is right now, it will be tough but I'm sure something will come up for you! GL

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • legal aid is free.

    Answer by matobe at 3:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • do they pay all the court fees?
    or do they just help fill out all the paper work?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • ask him to leave! You are a mother and you will figure out and do whatever it takes to take care of your kids! Tell him he can come back when he is better. Sorry for what you are going through. I hope things get better soon!GL

    Answer by abootie at 11:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.