My dd started sleeping more through the night and now goes 6-8 hours before waking up for a bottle :) When she wakes, do I only give her the 4 ounces? or do I give her more beacuse she technically skipped a feeding? I dont want her to be hungry. Thanks for your advice!

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You feed her however much she wants. If she finishes 4oz and is still hungry, give her a little more. But just because she's sleeping longer and "skipped a feeding" doesn't mean she's going to wake up and be able to take 8oz!

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Just feed her until she is full. She'll know when she is done. Your body digests food slower when you sleep, so it may, or may not, make her hungrier.

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Make it 5 or 6 oz but dont expect her to drink it all. That way you dont have to get up and make another bottle, but its not alot to throw away if she doesnt drink it all.

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Start with 4 and make her more if she's still hungry after that. I don't remember my son ever eating any more in the morning when he started sleeping through the night, so your daughter might not either. Let her let you know. :-)

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Feed her until she is done eating. Often times sine they did "skip" a feeding, they will either make up for it by taking more at the other feedings or they will shorten the time between feeding during the day.

Answer by JoeyJrsMomma at 2:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• At our 4 mos. check-up, my Doc. said our baby could go 8 hrs. without a feeding. If you feed theme very 4 hrs. they should be able to skip one at night.

Answer by danielp at 5:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009