the best lotion you've ever used?

I was trying to find something for my dry cracked skin. My Dh also has big cracks on the heels of his feet. I was looking at the Vaseline intensive rescue at the store... Then I noticed Equate Advanced recovery. Upon comparing the ingredients I found them to be the same thing. It even says on the front of the bottle 'compare to Vaseline Intensive rescue' So I took it home to try.. Plus it was tons cheaper than the vaseline. Ive had it for about 3 days and my skin feels like silk. My DH's heels are soft and the cracks are going away(with the help of a pumice stone)... Mind you the Pumice stone and other lotions have never helped him before. Im so happy with this lotion. Im pregnant and keep breaking out... But this lotion doesnt cause more breakouts when used on my face. Whats the best lotion you've ever used?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 12:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• On my face, I use Lush's Enzymion. For my body, I use either Lush's Karma Komba, or Free trade Foot Lotion. When I run out of Lush stuff (which I only buy once every few months), I use Suave Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter lotion.

Right now though, I'm trying to fade some scars, so on top of those I'm also using Bio-Oil.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Body kisses by australian gold it can be found on ebay for about 12.00 a bottle ( i used to buy it for 25 a bottle) I love it! It is an after sun lotion but works great for everyday and dry cracked skin. Also smells amazing:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Lubriderm Sensitive Skin Lotion (turquise or blue container). We use it to moisture our bodies as well as to get rid of dandruff and to stop it from coming back once it's gone. It works GREAT for dandruff cuz it's a skin moisturizer for dry skin and dandruff is dry skin of the scalp. Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• For skin sometimes I use vaseline very very lightly rubbed on rough spots - really smooths my ankles and legs, elbows. Those are my rough rough spots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I only use Olay for sensitive skin on my face. On the rest of me..after showers neck to toes is slathered with Bath and Body works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Cream. I have very dry, very sensitive skin. During the day for hands, arms ands legs if I feel dry I use St. Ives Intensive Healing-Advanced Body Moisture (hypo-allergenic)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Go to the pharmacy counter and ask them for Aquiphilic (sp?). It's the stuff they make medicated lotions out of so it's very rich and thick. It's about $10 a jar and lasts Forever since you have to use so little of it.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Actually, I use the same lotion my DD does. It's California Baby. Its great for dry skin, people with eczema, or even people with regular skin. I love it. It keeps my skin moist, has no harmful chemicals in it, and it's safe for babies too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm going to have to try some of these! I get dry-ish skin that is itchy sometimes...especially lately when I've been working out outside again in the sun. But I usually hate lotions because they make my skin feel oily and dirty... perhaps I will try some of these and find one that does not.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It depends on the season. In the summer I use Vaseline Cocoa Butter. In the fall and spring I use Palmer's Olive Oil lotion. In the winter I use a really thick Queen Helene Tea Tree lotion in the jar. I mostly use them after a shower. In the morning I use Victoria's Secret Garden Love Spell skin silkening body lotion when it's hot and the thicker body cream or body butter in the winter.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I use the vaseline intensive rescue unscented. I think it only comes unscented, IDK I've never paid that much attention. Hands down the best I've used. Nongreasy , soaks in well, only lotion DH doesn't cry about smelling girly. Family loves it.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009