Could I be pregnant on depo?

Hi!
I just had my daughter 7 months ago, and I've been on the depo shot for about 4 to 5 months. A few years ago I was on the shot, and did well.
lately I've been ill in the mornings, feeling very tierd, chest pains, stomach cramps, and heartburn.
my weight after child birth was 177 and I was down to 169.. but then shot right back up to 178-9.
while on the shot I do not get monthly periods.
any thoughts?

nessa4555

Asked by nessa4555 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depo tricks your body into thinking its preg. When i was on it i felt preg so bad, illness and fatigue. But all birth control has a failure rate. I would take a test and.or contact a doctor. Jus to be sure
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree I thought I was pregnant with Depo, You could be if you had unprotected sex during the first 2 weeks of depo but a simple test can determine that

with Depo
    I got: Sore Boobs, Nausea, head aches, boobs grew a whole cup, gain some weight

I thought I was pregnant, but as you take the shot your body gets used to it and those things will go away
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I was on depo when I got pregnant, BUT because I live in such a small town they have to order stuff like that.... (My son has to go to the health department for immunizations bc hospital doesn't carry them)... I was a week late getting the shot, and that's when it happened, so you can't really blame the depo.... I would do a test, and if you're still unsure then I'd see a doctor
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• YES YOU CAN!!! Both my boys were Depo babies. The first time the dr said there must have been something wrong with the last shot I had, and the second time the dr said that depo is a 12 week shot, not a 3 month shot and that every so often there is a 13th week durring the 3 months. That is how my second son was born. Imagind my dr's surprise when i actually asked how I got pregnant! He looked at me like I was crazy! But then he understood afte I explained I had been on Depo for quite a while.
    bordprson

Answer by bordprson at 3:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009