Does your baby get stuck in the crib railing?

My daughter (7 mos) gets to playing in her crib, and she'll scoot backwards until her legs are sticking out of the railing. Sometimes, she pushes herself so far back, that her thighs become wedged in so tight that she can't get herself out and she screams until I come get her. Is there any way to prevent this? I have a bumper pad still up but she just pushes it down. Oh and I've checked for recalls (there isn't one on my crib) and the width is about 2 inches, which meets the standards.

Photobucket

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 12:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had one who put his legs over the bumper, one under and one for which the bumper worked! Go figure. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• oh my baby girl of 7 months does the same with her arms and thinks it so funny, she trys to push her face between.
    Im not sure there is much to stop her, I've thought of tying a blanket up or tying a large body pillow to the rails?
    nessa4555

Answer by nessa4555 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• there is mesh that you can put up but if she is anything like mine she will just stand on it and push it down then do it again. Mine got stuck all the time playing and sometimes even when she was sleeping. She will grow out of it soon lol.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• THere is a mesh barrier that covers the entire side...but it doesn't fit on all cribs. (it didn't ours)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son prefered to sleep alongside the railing, so the bumpers had to go, and soon enough his legs got caught lol. I always laid him down in the center of the bed and he found his way to the railing edge again. but it didnt last long!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son 7 months also gets his arms stuck all the time. He only likes to put his feet between the bars not entire leg. I have never heard of this mesh thing but I don't think I will buy one just because i'm sure he'd figure a way around it and still get his arms stuck...lol. Good luck! :) and she is adorable ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my DD does that 2 lol
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My dd does that with her toddler bed. Shes almost three.
    misssy2000

Answer by misssy2000 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• OMG! That picture is too cute! Yes my 12 month old baby girl also does this. She hasn't in awhile though...i'm thinking she learned her lesson after a couple times.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Mine did this all the time and it would wake her up and she'd scream. We put the bumper up. I called my pediatrician and he said it was ok.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009