Toddlers and Sleeping

I have a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter, though I'm feeling like the mom of a newborn! For the past month my 2 year old wakes anywhere between 4 & 6 times a night. She's not sick, not teething, room is a comfortable temperature, comfortable clothing. We've tried white noise, no lights, night light and nothing! She's in a toddler bed and there's a gate in front of her door so she doesn't wander around and fall down the stairs and she will stand at her door and yell "mommy!" over and over and over. If I don't get up and put her back to bed, she wakes her brother up, then I've got to convince 2 kids to go back to sleep. She's never slept in our bed, so she would just play if we brought her to her bed. She's potty trained during the day, so I thought maybe she was having to potty and waking for that, but that only makes it worse b/c then she wants to play. I'm at a loss...any ideas on how to get her back to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ouch, thats a tough one... I have a 21 month old that I see this happening with when it comes to toddler bed time. He crys every night to put himself to bed, I swear he will never be ready to go to bed.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Is she still napping during the day? Maybe she's getting too much sleep. Try cutting down the length of the nap, or just nap every other day.
    If she's not napping, is she drinking something like soda or another drink that would interrupt her sleep? Even if she had it early in the day, it could wake her up at night. It doesn't take much to interfere with a little 2 yr old body LOL
    I don't know what else to say. Good luck
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 1:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009