Do You Consider Your Pet(s) A Member Of The Family?Why Or Why Not?

this is just for fun!i just wanted to do this becuase i was bored and it seems like a good qeustion and i want to hear what other moms with pets say!

my answer: yes i do becuase i think that once you bring an animal into your home they automaticly become part of your family becuase you are leagally resoponsable for them!

JessiAndMyAnty

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 1:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my Dog Maui is determinately a part of our family.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah my dog is my son he even gets his own burger when we hit up mickey d's. Dogs are the only creatures that will love you more then they love themselves!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, of course! :]
    My dogs were our first "babies" - I was told I could get pregnant, and I'm definitely an animal person. They're loyal, friendly, will never judge you, and give you unconditional love. Our dogs get the royal treatment - lol, spoiled little things they are. They travel with us frequently.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yesssssssss!!!!!!!!! we've had three dogs and a cat at once including fish turtles too all at the same time. They are my children whom I've cared for separately 19 years until death, 15 years, 19 years. To have the loss of an animal having it for any of those length of times like we did is like loosing a child that is human. I would die for my kids, after my kids are safe I would die for my animals. I have been with three animals while each of them were euthanized. They were comforted by my smell, my voice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes, I had both of my dogs, before I even had my daughter. We are a big happy family. Dh is outnumbered 4 to 1. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• busy momOMG yes my Tux and Buster are such a part of our family....When you adopt or buy a pet you have brought them into your home and life how could they not be!!!!

Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes but not on the same level as the human family members.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I guess I have to since they live there. I have two boxers and they are so hyper and I can't walk outside my house without getting jumped on. My 3 year old likes them one day and hates them the next. I wanted a small dog, not dogs that are bigger than me but this was my husabnds doings!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes. My dogs were my 1st babies! 2 large Rhodesian Ridgebacks brothers named Boudreaux and Thibodeaux (Old New Orleans stories). I've even created their own "Doggie Villa" in the backyard equipped with 2 futons, 2 kiddie pools, and lots of shade for the summer. We celebrate their birthdays just like any other.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Absolutely:) I love my two little doggies. My family wants more, but since i'm the sahm who takes care of them, vet appts., kids, and we're "trying", we have to wait until i can handle that much more responsibility. We take great care of our dogs (they're a bit spoiled, but somewhat
    well-behaived). We have a dog sitter who comes over if i/we have to be gone too long. We even have an in-house dog sitter that stays over if we have to be gone overnight and can't take the dogs with:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009