7 month old and sleeping problems

shes rolling around and sitting up in her sleep, causing her to wake up periodically.
she will get a good 3-4 hours of sleep a night and then start this untill she wakes at about 8 am. we start bedtime rituals (bath, body message, eat and cuddle) at 8 pm and shes normelly out at 9:30 pm. at around 3 am she starts moving around and keeping herself and I awake.
this started just a few days ago.
we've laid her in the boppy to hold her, we've also tried rolling towels up and laying them on either side of her body.
when she falls asleep in my arms, I'll hold her untill she's still and lay her down only to have her roll away.
help!

nessa4555

Asked by nessa4555 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't have any advice to help, but I can say to get used to it 'cause my DD is 12 1/2 months and still does the same thing! I've talked to other CafeMomers who babies with the same problem had this problem up until their child was 2 or 3. So, sorry I don't have advice for you, but just wanted to let you know this could go on awhile. My DD doctor says to do the CIO method and let her cry for an hour or 2, but I'm against this and think its bad advice from a doctor.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Are you giving her a bottle? My son turns 1 tmrw and he still wakes in the middle of night and cries. Not just waking, fussing, and falling back asleep....but crying. Takes less than 10 minutes now to change diaper, have bottle and lay back down. I truely do not think it is the norm for babies to sleep 10 hours straight. If some do, lucky for those parents.....But I don't believe in letting them cry for more than 15 or 20 minutes.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009